Have the best birth for you and your baby
KG Hypnobirthing antenatal sessions can help transform your experience of pregnancy and birth by teaching you relaxation techniques and specific breathing exercises to use during labour so you can experience a calm and gentle birth. Most people think Hypnobirthing means natural birth, however for me, I believe it empowers women to have the right birth for them, whether that is with or without drugs.
When I gave birth to my daughter over 20 years ago, I wanted to have as natural birth as possible and used a tape of relaxing music – midwives at the time commented on how calm I was for a first time mother. Since then, I have been passionate about helping mothers have the best birthing experience as possible and have consequently trained in hypnobirthing.
About the Programme:
The KG Hypnobirthing course is logical, simple and practical. The core principles behind hypnobirthing uses a framework called the five C’s of hypnobirthing:
- Confidence – when you feel confident, you relax and work with your body in the way nature intended.
- Control – with the knowledge you have, you are enabled to take control of how you give birth.
- Choice – when you feel in control, the choices you make are the best choices for you and for your baby.
- Calm – when you feel calm throughout the birth you are relaxed and your mind and body work together in harmony.
- Comfort – the result is that your body works efficiently and comfortably. A KG Hypnobirthing birth can be the most wonderful and empowering experience of your life.
STOP PRESS – online course now available as an alternative to face to face classes
- Full in-depth antenatal programme available online
- Enjoy learning at home where you feel comfortable
- Learn at your own pace at any stage of your pregnancy
- Have the resources at your fingertips to refer to time and again
- Easy to follow instructions for simple and highly effective practice
- All the supporting documents you need
- For further details go to https://www.kghypnobirthing.com/hypnobirthing-online-course/?atid=33
Face to Face Hypnobirthing Class Format:
You can choose to come along to one of my group classes or book a private class in the comfort of your own home or at my hypnobirthing practice.
Courses are offered in small group classes (up to a maximum of six couples). The classes comprise four sessions over one month of either two and a half hour evening sessions or two, five hour sessions held on weekends. Please note, daytime classes can be arranged on request.
To enquire about current hypnobirthing classes or to book your place phone Shelley now on 0113 268 9938.
KG Hypnobirthing classes at Shelley’s private therapy room: 90 Buckstone Avenue, Alwoodley, Leeds LS17 5ET
These programmes can be delivered to suit you, scheduled to a time that is convenient for you and can take place in your home or at Shelley’s beautiful, relaxing therapy room.
If you are not sure yet whether Hypnobirthing is for you, I offer a FREE, no obligation one hour ‘taster’ session so you can meet me and find out more
Frequently Asked Questions:
When should I start the classes?
The course will benefit you whenever you choose to do the course; however, I would advise doing the course in the second trimester of your pregnancy. This way, you can practice the techniques learnt and you can enjoy the benefits of the course during your pregnancy, as well as at the birth of your baby. If you take the classes very early in your pregnancy, you may like to come back for a refresher class near the end, at no extra charge.
Can I attend classes alone?
Yes, although a birth companion can help support you in practicing the skills you are learning throughout your preparation for birth. One of the great things about Hypnobirthing is that it provides a positive role for partners/birth companions.
What are other people’s experiences of hypnobirthing?
“The hypnobirthing class that I did with Shelley was invaluable in giving me the homebirth I wanted and I truly believe it was a straightforward birth due to the techniques I learnt whilst on the course. Throughout my labour I was calm and relaxed, so much so that the midwives couldn’t believe I was fully dilated when they examined me due to how calm I was!
Shelley is a fantastic hypnotherapist, always available for a chat and very reassuring during those times my partner and I felt nervous about the birthing experience. We learnt so much on the course that was great for the labour but also for life in general – relaxation techniques certainly help to make my partner’s commute to work less stressful!
We can’t thank Shelley enough for all that she did and I would be happpy to recommend her to anyone” Hannah, January 2018
“Just to let you know I gave birth today at 7.33 am. I have another little girl. I gave birth at home. Definitely I can recommend.
Thank you so much for your classes! I can definitely recommend hypnobirthing classes.” Emilia ,January 2018